Monday, December 12, 2011

Fantasy Football For Cash

With the US online poker blackout in full effect and our favorite online poker sites either really seeming to screw it up with software changes or big brother demanding his blood money from the poker sites, I've decided to do something else with my discretionary income, and that is play fantasy football for money. I've been playing for a few weeks in the low stakes, big field tournaments on DraftStreet. So far, I've gotten my ass kicked, but it makes watching football fun again. Since I don't bet on football, and I have no desire to play a season long fantasy football league, these new daily fantasy sites like DraftStreet are awesome. It's daily fantasy football contests. The NFL contests usually run from Sunday to Monday.

How Daily Fantasy Football Contests For Cash Work

  • Create an account, log in
  • Join a contest - see buy-in amount, payouts, etc
  • Pick your team - you have a certain roster to fill and a salary cap
  • Watch the games over Sunday and Monday
  • The points are tallied and leaderboard updated every few minutes during the games
  • Finish 'in the money' and get paid!
  • That's it, pick a brand new team next week!
It's specifically legal (carve out in UIGEA). Paypal & credit cards work easy. You can play at any point of the season. This will be the first time I've done it during playoffs so it should be fun! If you are looking for something new to do and to add a little excitement to the game, give it a try. You can deposit as little as $20 bucks!

No comments: